META tags and search engines

King Coffee

Hi,

If I use master pages with META tags in the head section... can I still use
META tag on the child pages (child pages reference the master page). I ask
this question because I heard the more pages with META tags containing
search engine key words, the higher the search engine ranking.

Thanks,
King

George

Yes you can....
You will just have to implement it yourself somehow :)

One idea is to derive all your pages from clsStandardPage and not from Page
class.

then your clsStandardPage can expose to abstract properies MetaKeywords and
MetaDescription. It will force every aspx page to define those properties.

Then in your master page you need reference them in correct place

Something like this
<META Descirption="<%=((clsStandardPage)this.Page).MetaDescription%">

PS: your clsStandardPage must be derived from Page class since all .aspx
pages must eventually be derived from Page.

George.

bruce barker

there are few search engine that use meta tags because of overuse. most
count how many other sites link to your site to determine ranking.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)