Meta Tags question

Internet Novice

Someone told me that search engines (and other stuff on the web) only
look at the first 250 characters of the Meta Tag line.

Is this true???

What is the best us of .... Or how do I use Meta Tags to my best
advantage ???? Especially as it regards getting higher on the search
engine list.

Thanks in advance.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Internet Novice
Someone told me that search engines (and other stuff on the web) only
look at the first 250 characters of the Meta Tag line.

Is this true???

What is the best us of .... Or how do I use Meta Tags to my best
advantage ???? Especially as it regards getting higher on the search
engine list.

Thanks in advance.

Keywords are very rarely considered. Description should be relevant to
the page, and should be a rather short - but do not stuff it with
keywords.

See my other response for more information.

Andy Dingley

Or how do I use Meta Tags to my best
advantage ???? Especially as it regards getting higher on the search
engine list.

read the thread "META tag format" from a couple of days ago