    advantage ???? Especially as it regards getting higher on the search
    engine list.

    Thanks in advance.
    Internet Novice, Jun 20, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Internet Novice
    <> writing in news:5a822112-cc60-486b-810e-e701de8daff2
    @a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

    > Someone told me that search engines (and other stuff on the web) only
    > look at the first 250 characters of the Meta Tag line.
    >
    > Is this true???
    >
    > What is the best us of .... Or how do I use Meta Tags to my best
    > advantage ???? Especially as it regards getting higher on the search
    > engine list.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Keywords are very rarely considered. Description should be relevant to
    the page, and should be a rather short - but do not stuff it with
    keywords.

    See my other response for more information.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 20, 2008

  3. Internet Novice

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 20 Jun, 15:15, Internet Novice <> wrote:
    > Or how do I use Meta Tags to my best
    > advantage ???? Especially as it regards getting higher on the search
    > engine list.

    read the thread "META tag format" from a couple of days ago
    Andy Dingley, Jun 20, 2008