MetaResourceKey in Skin files

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by KaOne, Jul 2, 2007.

  1. KaOne

    KaOne Guest

    Hi all,
    I'm trying to use the resourkey meta tag (used for localize properties)
    inside a Skin file. But it seems not work.

    This is the source of the CategoryDropDownList.skin file:

    <asp:DropDownList runat="server"
    SkinID="CategoryDropDownList"
    meta:resourcekey="ddlCategoryResource">
    <asp:ListItem meta:resourcekey="ListItemResource1" Selected="True" Text=""
    Value=""></asp:ListItem>
    </asp:DropDownList>

    All function correctly except for the Text property value that should be
    derived from my LocalResource file. When rendered, the first item of the
    DropDownList appear blank. What's wrong?

    Thanks a lot in advance.

    --
    KaOne
    http://thekaone.blogspot.com
    KaOne, Jul 2, 2007

  2. Hi KaOne,

    For implicit localization (via meta:resourcekey, or local resources) to
    work correctly, you need a control ID, and that's not available in skin
    file. Therefore I think it's not possible to use the local resources in
    skin file.

    Hope that helps.

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    promptly.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jul 3, 2007

  3. KaOne

    KaOne Guest

    Mentre era fermo al semaforo, Walter Wang [MSFT] prese il suo portatile e
    scrisse:

    > For implicit localization (via meta:resourcekey, or local resources)
    > to work correctly, you need a control ID, and that's not available in
    > skin file. Therefore I think it's not possible to use the local
    > resources in skin file.
    >
    > Hope that helps.

    Ok, unfortunately I should try in another way.

    Thanks a lot anyway.

    --
    KaOne
    http://thekaone.blogspot.com