Method cannot have a parameter of file type

Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I am trying to declare procedure in protected type, with file as
parameter
but ModelSim does not allow that:
I am receiving an error : "Method cannot have a parameter of
file type".
The code is compiled using VHDL 1076-2002.
Also there is an explicit example in "The Designer's Guide To
VHDL", 2nd edition,p 632-633. of exactly the same thing I am trying to
do, but in my case it doesn't work :(.

1) Any suggestions what might be wrong ?
2) Any comment are welcome.

Thanx!

Here is the code I am trying to compile
_____________________________

Library IEEE;
use IEEE.std_logic_1164.all

Library std
use std.textio.all

package pkg_mem is
type mem is protected
procedure input_img (file image_file : text ); --
the error is recieved on this line.
end protected mem;
end pkg_mem;

package body pkg_mem is
type mem is protected body
procedure input_img(file image_file : text ) is
begin
end ;
end protected body mem ;
end pakage body pkg_mem ;