Method for persisting all page state not just viewstate.

Guest

To truly persist the state of a web page for reentry as if one had never left the page, one must save the querystring values, request.form data, and of course the viewstate. I would like to know why Microsoft has not placed this support natively into Asp.Net but instead I must resort to a hack?
See article at www.thecodeproject.com/useritems/PersistentStatePage.asp for details.
When will such support be forthcoming?

Guest

Actually, you can persist state in asp.net by either using the ASP.NET State Server or by using SQL Server. These stores session state out of process. I don't know if this answeres your question; but it seems like this is what you say ASP.NET can't do.

Guest

I need a method for storing all the page state so that I can jump to one page do whatever and then return from the called page and be in the same state before leaving. This DOES NOT happening automatically. See the article that makes it so.