method is inaccessible due to its protection level

sck10

Hello,

I am getting the following error:

fvServiceIdea_ItemUpdating_Validate(object,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormViewUpdateEventArgs)' is inaccessible due to
its protection level.

Below is what I am using, so I don't understand what level of protection is
being used. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, sck10

void fvServiceIdea_ItemUpdating_Validate(object sender,
FormViewUpdateEventArgs e)
{
if (e.NewValues["ServiceIdeaName"].ToString() == "")
{
e.Cancel= true;
this.lblMessageText.Text += "<span class='RedM'>Service Idea
Name</span>: is Missing.<br />";
}

if (e.Cancel == true) ShowMessage(this.lblMessageTitle.Text,
this.lblMessageText.Text);

KJ

Methods that are not explicitly marked otherwise (such as yours) are
private.

Change your code to:

protected void fvServiceIdea_ItemUpdating_Validate ....

sck10

Thanks KJ...