    webservers in our network.
    Anyone an idea?
    Thx Michael

    Michael Bender, Oct 19, 2007

  2. Michael Bender

    Evertjan. Guest

    Michael Bender wrote on 19 okt 2007 in
    > after reinstalling Windows XP (incl. IIS) it is not possible to create
    > new webs on the local IIS in the likeweise reinstalled Visual Interdev
    > 6.0. After typing in the name of the desired webserver (machine name
    > or localhost) the following error comes up: "Method not allowed(Error
    > code = 80070005)". It is however possible to create webs with Interdev
    > on other webservers in our network.

    This is not ASP related but IIS related.

    Please ask in:

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 19, 2007

  3. Michael Bender wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > after reinstalling Windows XP (incl. IIS) it is not possible to
    > create new webs on the local IIS in the likeweise reinstalled Visual
    > Interdev 6.0. After typing in the name of the desired webserver
    > (machine name or localhost) the following error comes up: "Method not
    > allowed(Error code = 80070005)". It is however possible to create
    > webs with Interdev on other webservers in our network.
    > Anyone an idea?
    > Thx Michael

    Interdev requires the webserver to have FrontPage Server Extensions
    installed. Most problems with creating webs are due to the lack of FPSE
    or misconfiguring the FPSE.

    Inderdev is no longer supported - you may want to use VS.Net.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 19, 2007
  4. Michael Bender wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > after reinstalling Windows XP (incl. IIS) it is not possible to
    > create new webs on the local IIS in the likeweise reinstalled Visual
    > Interdev 6.0. After typing in the name of the desired webserver
    > (machine name or localhost) the following error comes up: "Method not
    > allowed(Error code = 80070005)". It is however possible to create
    > webs with Interdev on other webservers in our network.
    > Anyone an idea?
    > Thx Michael

    More info can be found here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;272289