Method Not Found Exception in asp.net only

Mike Doerfler

Hi everyone! I'm a bit stumped by this one and was wondering if an asp.net
guru might be able to shed some light on it.

In an ASP.NET page if I add this code:

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.GetHashCode( new
object() ) );

I get this exception "Method not found: Int32
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.GetHashCode(System.Object)."

However, when I put that same line of code in a WinForms app I don't get any
exception.

The version information the ASP.NET error page gives me is:
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.985; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.968

Any insight into this would be tremendously appreciated!

Mike