method to avoid the "screen-flicker-refresh" of postbacks?

simon

hello,
i have a section of a page that has multiple dropdowns.
each dropdown calls the same method on a change of selection by the
user. the method loops over all the dropdowns and if the newly
selected items matches a previously set item, it changes the
dropdown's background color from white to yellow and nulls out the
previous selections value.
this is working just fine functionally, but every postback causes the
screen to refresh and display the page at the top (same position as
when the page is first pulled up).
is there a way to handle the form element changes without doing a full
page refresh and reposition?
thank you for any advice.

Guest

Yes you need to use AJAX really, MS is developing a set of AJAX libraries
called ATLAS to help you do this, they can be found here
http://atlas.asp.net/ they are still in Beta but they seem to work well.

Gozirra

You could also enable SmartNavigation. I'm not sure how much
cross-browser support there is for it but it works in IE.