methods of authentication and submitting data

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by cakecam, Aug 27, 2006.

  1. cakecam

    cakecam Guest

    Hi

    Several years ago I programmed a javascript for login using a pop-up
    window that required a username and a password.

    I can not find the code so I will appreciate if somebody out there
    would supply a piece of code and/or a link with an example of
    above-mentioned.

    In addition I am looking for misc methods of authentication and
    submission of data using javascript.

    It is especially the interaction of javascript and other programming
    language such as HTML I am interested in - and if the javascript is
    able to stand alone when submitting data - though it is client side...

    I will appreciate if somebody out there would supply some links with
    examples of above-mentioned.

    thanks in advance

    cakecam

    cakecam, Aug 27, 2006

  2. cakecam

    Patient Guy Guest

    "cakecam" <> wrote in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Several years ago I programmed a javascript for login using a pop-up
    > window that required a username and a password.

    > In addition I am looking for misc methods of authentication and
    > submission of data using javascript.
    >
    > It is especially the interaction of javascript and other programming
    > language such as HTML I am interested in - and if the javascript is
    > able to stand alone when submitting data - though it is client side...
    >
    > I will appreciate if somebody out there would supply some links with
    > examples of above-mentioned.

    Using this:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Javascript code authentication usern
    ame+password&btnG=Google+Search

    I came up with this on the first page of (30) links:

    Link #1: [comment---looks quite promising with multiple scripts]

    http://www.hotscripts.com/JavaScript/Scripts_and_Programs/User_Authenticat
    ion/index.html

    Link #17: [comment---looks a lot like Link #1]

    http://www.scripts20.com/category/JavaScript/User_Authentication/1/0.html

    This ought to get you started. A well-phrased Google search often gets
    what you are looking in several links of the first page of search hits.

    Patient Guy, Aug 27, 2006