Methods of listing most popular pages in website

KevD711

Hi. I'm building a new data driven site with some static pages mixed
in. I would like to provide a list of the most popular or most viewed
pages on my home page. I can't decide if I should write the hits to
the DB, a text file or use IIS's logging. My first choice would be
the IIS logs I think. I have some code that will query the log pretty
well but all I can seem to get in a recordset is the file name not the
title of the page to create a link with. Does anyone have a any
ideas, experience or code snippets they would like to share or point
me to. Thank you for any thoughts. Kevin D.

bruce barker

iis logs make the most sense. you can use a log filter to add additional info
to the log, or add a "tag" (arg) to the url to help identify the page. you
can also use a site crawler to build a database of pages, then the logs to do
the hit counts.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)