Metric tool for Java

pradeep.sel

Want to check the complexity of the software you are building? Cheek
out CyVis.
CyVis is a free software metrics collection, analysis and visualisation
tool for software built using Java. It enables developers to identify
complex part of their software very easily.
CyVis collects data from java class or jar files hence there is no need
for the actual source code. Once the metrics are collected, the
statistical information is shown in a way that enables you to
immediately detect which part of your software is complicated and which
is not.
CyVis can either be integrated with your Ant script or used in command
interface to generate reports. It also has a GUI Interface which we
consider to be of great help to its users.
You can be downloaded this tool from http://cyvis.sourceforge.net

Ed

(e-mail address removed) skrev:
Want to check the complexity of the software you are building?

Yes.

Downloaded your tool. Unzipped it (though it would be nice to have the
option to download just the jar file to run the tool, instead of the
whole caboodle).

Double-clicked on the jar file: "Could not find the main class. Program
will exit."

In a rare, rare moment of tolerance I actually read the README, which
said that I could run a bat file, too. Ran that: crashed with
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError.

Ed

(e-mail address removed) skrev:
Are you using java 1.5?

Ahh, that's my problem indeed; I'm still back on 1.4.

And the very first line of your features-at-a-glance is, "100% Java
Application with Java 1.5 support;" so I should have known better.

It's a fair cop.

Andrew T.

Ed said:
(e-mail address removed) skrev:

Ahh, that's my problem indeed; I'm still back on 1.4.

And the very first line of your features-at-a-glance ...

Even easier for the potential tester is JWS launch.

Point and click for the download - refuse a dialog if you don't
want to upgrade to 1.5.

No wading through documentation, not even having to glance
at a 'features-at-a-glance' page.

( Sorry pradeep, this thread just drifted across my attention
when I am busy lamenting the lack of JWS previews. )

Andrew T.

pradeep.sel

Andrew said:
Even easier for the potential tester is JWS launch.

Point and click for the download - refuse a dialog if you don't
want to upgrade to 1.5.

No wading through documentation, not even having to glance
at a 'features-at-a-glance' page.

( Sorry pradeep, this thread just drifted across my attention
when I am busy lamenting the lack of JWS previews. )

Andrew T.

Thanks Andrew for the tip, I will look into it.

Pradeep

Andrew T.

Andrew T. wrote: ... ...
Thanks Andrew for the tip, I will look into it.

You're welcome.

If you run into troubles, pop a message to the group.
If I notice it, I'll advise further.

Andrew T.