    Is there an implementation that is good for both OpenMP and pthreads?

    Thanks,
    --j

    John, Apr 27, 2005

  2. John

    Phlip Guest

    John wrote:

    > I am looking for a good Lock class implementation that
    > has barely been implemented in Effective STL of Myers (Item 12).
    > Any pointers?

    If you mean an object that locks on construction and unlocks on destruction,
    they are all over the place.

    > Is there an implementation that is good for both OpenMP and pthreads?

    Why are you using threads?

    --
    Phlip
    http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand

    Phlip, Apr 27, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    I would like to have the option of using OpenMP or threads
    depending on the architecture / compiler. Hence I asked.

    John, Apr 27, 2005
  4. John wrote:

    > I am looking for a good Lock class implementation that
    > has barely been implemented in Effective STL of Myers (Item 12).
    > Any pointers?
    >
    > Is there an implementation that is good for both OpenMP and pthreads?

    OpenMP and thread-locking don't sound they have anything to do with each other.

    --
    Ioannis Vranos

    http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys

    Ioannis Vranos, Apr 27, 2005
  5. Ioannis Vranos wrote:

    > OpenMP and thread-locking don't sound they have anything to do with each
    > other.

    Forget that I said that.

    Ioannis Vranos, Apr 27, 2005