MFC application using COM port for serial communication stops on minimization

karpagam.c

Hi,

I'm working on a MFC application that is used to write application code
to FLASH memory of a device. I'm using COM port for the communication
with the device. For reading from and writing to the COM port, separate
threads (along with semaphores) are being used. This application works
fine if it is not minimized. But once if the application is minimized,
it gives an error because some data is being missed out during
communication with the device. Has anybody faced the same problem....??
Can anybody help me out with this problem.

Thanks,
-KC

John Ratliff

Hi,

I'm working on a MFC application that is used to write application code
to FLASH memory of a device. I'm using COM port for the communication
with the device. For reading from and writing to the COM port, separate
threads (along with semaphores) are being used. This application works
fine if it is not minimized. But once if the application is minimized,
it gives an error because some data is being missed out during
communication with the device. Has anybody faced the same problem....??
Can anybody help me out with this problem.

Thanks,
-KC

You would probably find people more suited to answer your question in
one of the microsoft.public.xxx newsgroups. Maybe there is a specific
one for MFC.

--John Ratliff