MHTML, MHT Web Archives Streaming via ASP or CGI

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by k mcnamee, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. k mcnamee

    k mcnamee Guest

    Hi,

    We are using ASP pages and the response object in conjunction with the
    binarywrite method and a custom com dll in order to stream files back to
    users. All works fine, except mhtml web archives(*.mht or *.mhtml files) .
    When we stream an mhtml web archive back to the user we see the actual file
    inside the browser window and not the web archive document the way it should
    be displayed. We are setting the content type property to message/rfc822
    for mhtml files. We also set the content-disposition header ( like this
    content-disposition: filename=mytest.mht ) This file opens up fine if we
    place a direct link to the file, however exposing a directory of files is
    not an option available to us. We have also created a cgi in c that does
    the same thing as the ASP however to no avail we still get the actual
    contents of the file and not the mhtml document. This happens on both IIS 5
    and 6. Any suggestions???

    Thanks
    Ken
    k mcnamee, Oct 16, 2003