MHTML, MHT Web Archives Streaming via ASP or CGI

k mcnamee

Hi,

We are using ASP pages and the response object in conjunction with the
binarywrite method and a custom com dll in order to stream files back to
users. All works fine, except mhtml web archives(*.mht or *.mhtml files) .
When we stream an mhtml web archive back to the user we see the actual file
inside the browser window and not the web archive document the way it should
be displayed. We are setting the content type property to message/rfc822
for mhtml files. We also set the content-disposition header ( like this
content-disposition: filename=mytest.mht ) This file opens up fine if we
place a direct link to the file, however exposing a directory of files is
not an option available to us. We have also created a cgi in c that does
the same thing as the ASP however to no avail we still get the actual
contents of the file and not the mhtml document. This happens on both IIS 5
and 6. Any suggestions???

Thanks
Ken