Michelle

Discussion in 'Python' started by Angel, Oct 25, 2009.

  1. Angel

    Angel Guest

    Michelle

    As-salaamu-alaikum,

    I come from a Jewish family in New York. My mother was from S. A. but
    also Jewish. She never was comfortable with anyone knowing that. When
    my father died, she remarried a Catholic and became one herself. And
    that is how she brought us up. From the age of 5 I was told that Jesus
    was also God...? I never felt comfortable with it.

    We moved to the Philippines - that is where my stepfather was from.
    And life there was unbearable. My stepfather, to put it mildly, was
    abusive to me and my 2 brothers. The effect of that hard life: my
    spelling is poor, one of my brothers is now a drinker, and the other
    has a low selfworth.

    When I grew up and we returned to the USA, I left home. I took care of
    myself by working hard. I never had time for God, whoever He was. I
    did not feel that God helped me in any way, so why bother? I did try
    to get back to my roots but Judaism made no sense, so I let that go. I
    did come across Muslims from time to time but the effect was, how do
    they dress that way, and why do they seem different? Over time, the
    idea of Islam kept coming back to me, so I tried to find out more. I
    read the history and life of Mohammed (saas). That is what got to me:
    such kindness and sabr (patience) in the face of hardships.

    It seemed to me that my life had no direction, so I went to learn
    more. After reading surah Al-Fatihah, I knew I had come home - this is
    where I wanted to be! I became a Muslim and have never regretted it. I
    always knew there was only ONE God - ALLAH - and things have not been
    always easy for me. My mother died of cancer soon after I became a
    Muslim. But the faith I have helped me make it. Just being able to go
    to ALLAH with all my pain was such a relief. It is the only true
    lifestyle known to man, and it is the truth and the last chance for
    us. I wish all mankind could come to know the truth (haqq) of Islam,
    and its peace and beauty!

    Angel, Oct 25, 2009