Micro-pump is cool idea for future computer chips

Discussion in 'C++' started by studyandtelecom@yahoo.com, Jul 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Jul 13, 2006

  2. Mr. Hankey Guest

    wrote:
    > Micro-pump is cool idea for future computer chips
    >
    > http://www.studyandjobs.com/Micro_pump.html
    >
    > or visit
    >
    > http://www.studyandjobs.com/IT_study.htm
    >
    > Regards

    The limitation in CPU performance is not only in removing unwanted
    heat. The speed that one part of a CPU communicates with other
    components is a major consideration. This is why CPUs are getting
    smaller and smaller. The ulimate limit to the operating speed of CPUs ?
    This has been discussed over a long period of time and any further
    information is available over internet.

    The concept of parallel CPUs has been exploited to overcome the clock
    speed limitation in indivual CPU . The problems seem to be in software
    as well as busbar and IO transfer speed. The new Intel Duo tries to
    overcome transfer speed problems by placing both CPUs on the same chip.
    The overheating problems may have been overcome using CMOS or other low
    heat producing technology.

    Ernie Lee
    Mr. Hankey, Jul 13, 2006

  3. Bob Allison Guest

    Bob Allison, Jul 13, 2006
  4. johns Guest

    Water viscosity would never allow a high flow rate in
    micron size channels. Also, water is not even a liquid
    when it is that constricted. It is nearly a line of gas
    molecules with no thermal capacity at all .. unless
    their design just allows the water to evaporate like
    sweat and blow away. Peeyew .. sweaty computer
    chips. Would seem simpler to design a micro-
    refrigerator. Or, even better .. far better ... learn
    to do digital processes at a microvolt level so the
    whole box could be powered by a solar cell.
    Something like .. 1 electron = 1, No electron = 0.
    Right now, it is something like .. 100,000,000,000
    electrons = 1

    johns
    johns, Jul 13, 2006
  5. Jim Langston Guest

    "johns" <> wrote in message

    > Water viscosity would never allow a high flow rate in
    > micron size channels. Also, water is not even a liquid
    > when it is that constricted. It is nearly a line of gas
    > molecules with no thermal capacity at all .. unless
    > their design just allows the water to evaporate like
    > sweat and blow away. Peeyew .. sweaty computer
    > chips. Would seem simpler to design a micro-
    > refrigerator. Or, even better .. far better ... learn
    > to do digital processes at a microvolt level so the
    > whole box could be powered by a solar cell.
    > Something like .. 1 electron = 1, No electron = 0.
    > Right now, it is something like .. 100,000,000,000
    > electrons = 1
    >
    > johns

    I'm just waiting for someone to come up with a photon transistor.
    Jim Langston, Jul 14, 2006
  6. johns Guest

    > I'm just waiting for someone to come up with a photon transistor.

    No kidding. He will get to retire in style. I've
    seen a diode with a rise time so fast that
    light only goes 1 cm.

    johns
    johns, Jul 14, 2006