    Is there any library open source available in these areas?

    Thank you very much,

    Andres Rosado

    BW Glitch, Sep 27, 2003

  2. BW Glitch

    Tim Churches Guest

    On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 05:19, BW Glitch wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I've been searching on the web for microbiology and or image analysis
    > tools in any language (but I would prefer to be in Python ;), but I
    > haven't found anything useful. Almost every library I've found is
    > commercial. The only one I've seen open source is OpenEV (
    > http://openev.sourceforge.net/ ).
    >
    > Is there any library open source available in these areas?

    I don't know if it is written in Python (probably not), but iPath might
    be of interest to you, maybe - see http://ipath.sourceforge.net/ - it is
    certainly an interesting and commendable project.

    --

    Tim C

    PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
    or at http://members.optushome.com.au/tchur/pubkey.asc
    Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0

    Tim Churches, Sep 27, 2003

  3. A good place to start is http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~cil/vision.html

    In some fields of science, the data behind a paper is made accessible.
    In computer vision the data, in this case, software, is usually not
    available. In most cases, I think the authors don't want to bother
    making the software good enough for others to use.

    Edward C. Jones, Sep 27, 2003