Microprocessor

Satbir

Hi can any help me with the starting of micrprocessor using Vhdl. Can
anyone provide me with the flowchart of making a microprocessor
(specifically 4-bit). The modules which are required to make a
microprocessor.

Jatin Bhateja

Hi can any help me with the starting of micrprocessor using Vhdl. Can
anyone provide me with the flowchart of making a microprocessor
(specifically 4-bit). The modules which are required to make a
microprocessor.

Desig a 4-bit ALU which supports addition , compliment , shift logic.
Now make since initially you are supporting only 3 operations thus
opcode will
have 2 bit and each operands will be 4 bit long.

Hence you instruction will be of 10 bits , 2 bits opcode and 8 bits
for operands.

Thus you have an ALU which perform the operations on 4 bit data and a
control logic
which decodes the instructions.

This way you can support more complex operations

-Jatin