    anyone provide me with the flowchart of making a microprocessor
    (specifically 4-bit). The modules which are required to make a
    microprocessor.
    Satbir, Jan 15, 2008

  2. On Jan 15, 8:40 pm, Satbir <> wrote:
    > Hi can any help me with the starting of micrprocessor using Vhdl. Can
    > anyone provide me with the flowchart of making a microprocessor
    > (specifically 4-bit). The modules which are required to make a
    > microprocessor.

    Desig a 4-bit ALU which supports addition , compliment , shift logic.
    Now make since initially you are supporting only 3 operations thus
    opcode will
    have 2 bit and each operands will be 4 bit long.

    Hence you instruction will be of 10 bits , 2 bits opcode and 8 bits
    for operands.

    Thus you have an ALU which perform the operations on 4 bit data and a
    control logic
    which decodes the instructions.

    This way you can support more complex operations

    -Jatin
    Jatin Bhateja, Jan 15, 2008

  3. Satbir

    Symon Guest

    "Satbir" <> wrote in message
    > Hi can any help me with the starting of micrprocessor using Vhdl. Can
    > anyone provide me with the flowchart of making a microprocessor
    > (specifically 4-bit). The modules which are required to make a
    > microprocessor.

    Copy, sorry, I mean be inspired by, one of these?

    http://www.opencores.org/browse.cgi/filter/category_microprocessor

    HTH., Syms.
    Symon, Jan 15, 2008
  4. Satbir

    Guest

    On Jan 15, 7:40 am, Satbir <> wrote:
    > Hi can any help me with the starting of micrprocessor using Vhdl. Can
    > anyone provide me with the flowchart of making a microprocessor
    > (specifically 4-bit). The modules which are required to make a
    > microprocessor.

    Here's one place to start:
    <http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Logic-Microprocessor-Design-VHDL/dp/
    0534465935>