Microsoft Access 2003 Record-Locking File doesn't close

Jay A. Moritz

I have an ASP .NET 2003 application that uses an Access 2003 database.
Trimming my application down to just one page that connects to the database
and uses an OleDbDataReader to get info, then closes the Reader and then the
Connection, I still get the .LDB Record-Locking file staying open on the
server. Does ASP .NET not close it's connection even after the code closes
the connection??

The server is Windows 2003

(Application does work fine on all pages, mostly just REAL annoying because
I have to call the hosting company to re-start IIS services on the server
any time I change the database. And since this is a project in development,
almost every time I talk to my client I'm having to change the database
also.)

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Not sure, but you might want to force garbage collection to see if that
clears the hold on it.