Microsoft AJAX error? Bad Request (Invalid Verb)

jb

Hi there,

After installing and using MSAJAX 1.0 in one of my servers and websites,
sometimes, I get the next error surfing the site:

Bad Request (Invalid Verb)

Somebody knows what does it mean, where does this problem come? and how to
solve it?

Xus

PD: Sorry, my english is so poor :p

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,
Hi there,

After installing and using MSAJAX 1.0 in one of my servers and websites,
sometimes, I get the next error surfing the site:

Bad Request (Invalid Verb)

You can send requests using GET, POST, PUT, HEAD... This describes the
way the request is encoded and is known as the "verb".

In forms, this is set using the METHOD atribute of the post. For AJAX,
you specify the method as the first parameter of the "open" method that
you call on the XmlHttpRequest object.

I am not familiar with MSAJAX, but I hope that these indications help
you identify the problem.

HTH,
Laurent

jb

Thanks, I think it is a bug in IIS 6

http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback.aspx?kbNumber=828726

--

Jesús Bosch
http://jbmixed.spaces.live.com/
Laurent Bugnion said:
Hi,
Hi there,

After installing and using MSAJAX 1.0 in one of my servers and websites,
sometimes, I get the next error surfing the site:

Bad Request (Invalid Verb)

You can send requests using GET, POST, PUT, HEAD... This describes the way
the request is encoded and is known as the "verb".

In forms, this is set using the METHOD atribute of the post. For AJAX, you
specify the method as the first parameter of the "open" method that you
call on the XmlHttpRequest object.

I am not familiar with MSAJAX, but I hope that these indications help you
identify the problem.

HTH,
Laurent
--