Microsoft Configuration Block and Enterprise library configuration tool

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi, I am new to the Microsoft Configuration Block and all I am trying to do
    is create a new configuration area where I can store settings much like I
    would do in the app.config or web.config using the Enterprise library
    configuration tool.

    e.g.

    <UserName>Administrator</UserName>
    <Password>MyAdminPass</Password>

    I would like to encrypt the information hence my reason for using the
    Configuration Block.

    Has anyone got a nice easy step by step example on what I want to achieve
    above? I looked at the quickstarts and can't quite believe that I would have
    to write my own classes to read and write to the .config file? It looked
    total overkill for what I wanted to do above!

    Thanks
    Mark

    Mark, Feb 15, 2006