    More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
    transition can be found at:

    P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((
    VK, Apr 1, 2007

  2. Hi VK,

    "VK" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > 04.01.07 Redmond, WA
    >
    > Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
    > discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
    > will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
    > Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
    > Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
    > equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
    > solutions.
    >
    > More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
    > transition can be found at:
    >

    > P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

    As someone who's just spent a fair bit of my spare time (including numerous
    week-ends such as this :-() learning Javascript, I can only hope that the
    date has played a large part in this announcement?

    I suppose that at least this clears up all the (Am I running in IE exception
    code :)

    Cheers Richard Maher

    PS. Anyone accessing Java Applets with VB script? Any issues?
    Richard Maher, Apr 1, 2007

  3. VK

    VK Guest

    On Apr 1, 11:24 am, "Richard Maher" <>
    wrote:
    > As someone who's just spent a fair bit of my spare time (including numerous
    > week-ends such as this :-() learning Javascript, I can only hope that the
    > date has played a large part in this announcement?

    Fher vg qvq. Yrg'f frr vs nal sbbyf nebhaq. Cffg...

    :-(
    VK, Apr 1, 2007
  4. VK

    Jeff North Guest

    On 1 Apr 2007 00:12:50 -0700, in comp.lang.javascript "VK"
    <>
    <> wrote:

    >| 04.01.07 Redmond, WA
    >|
    >| Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
    >| discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
    >| will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
    >| Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
    >| Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
    >| equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
    >| solutions.
    >|
    >| More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
    >| transition can be found at:
    >| http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa155073.aspx
    >|

    >| P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

    Play The Who's - Wont Get Fooled Again :)
    : Remove your pants to reply
    Jeff North, Apr 1, 2007
  5. VK

    OmegaJunior Guest

    On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 09:12:50 +0200, VK <> wrote:

    > 04.01.07 Redmond, WA
    >
    > Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
    > discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
    > will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
    > Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
    > Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
    > equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
    > solutions.
    >
    > More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
    > transition can be found at:
    >

    > P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

    I do hope this is an April Fool's joke.

    OmegaJunior, Apr 1, 2007
  6. VK

    VK Guest

    April 1st practical joke

    On Apr 1, 3:17 pm, OmegaJunior
    <> wrote:
    > I do hope this is an April Fool's joke.

    Yes, it is :)

    To avoid a la "War of Worlds" panic of 1938 it is time for the
    disclosure I guess :)
    VK, Apr 1, 2007
  7. Re: April 1st practical joke

    VK wrote:
    > On Apr 1, 3:17 pm, OmegaJunior
    > <> wrote:
    >> I do hope this is an April Fool's joke.

    > Yes, it is :)
    >
    > To avoid a la "War of Worlds" panic of 1938 it is time
    > for the disclosure I guess :)

    Redundant, as you did not start off with the credibility of 1930's radio
    broadcasts.

    Richard.
    Richard Cornford, Apr 2, 2007
  8. Re: April 1st practical joke

    Is there any good reason why they discontinue it?

    Regards,
    Hardono Arifanto
    -----------------------
    http://sodeve.net
    Hardono Arifanto, Apr 2, 2007
  9. VK

    Evertjan. Guest

    Re: April 1st practical joke

    Hardono Arifanto wrote on 02 apr 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Is there any good reason why they discontinue it?

    [please always quote on usenet]

    Who will discontinue what, Hardono?

    I thought april fools day jokes where practically perpetuous.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 2, 2007
  10. VK

    Ivan Marsh Guest

    On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 00:12:50 -0700, VK wrote:

    > 04.01.07 Redmond, WA
    >
    > Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
    > discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
    > will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
    > Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
    > Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
    > equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
    > solutions.
    >
    > More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
    > transition can be found at:
    >

    > P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

    Posted April 1st.
    Ivan Marsh, Apr 2, 2007
  11. VK

    Ivan Marsh Guest

    On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:10:55 -0400, Randy Webb wrote:

    > Ivan Marsh said the following on 4/2/2007 10:33 AM:
    >> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 00:12:50 -0700, VK wrote:

    > <snip>
    >

    >>> P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

    >> Posted April 1st.

    > And to think it only took 24 hours to realize that.....

    It took about three seconds.
    Ivan Marsh, Apr 2, 2007
  12. VK

    Tom Cole Guest

    On Apr 2, 1:00 pm, Ivan Marsh <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:10:55 -0400, Randy Webb wrote:
    > > Ivan Marsh said the following on 4/2/2007 10:33 AM:
    > >> On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 00:12:50 -0700, VK wrote:

    > > <snip>

    > >> Posted April 1st.

    > > And to think it only took 24 hours to realize that.....

    > It took about three seconds.

    You don't think he signed up for Google TiSP do you...
    Tom Cole, Apr 2, 2007
  13. VK

    Ivan Marsh Guest

    On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 10:03:50 -0700, Tom Cole wrote:

    > On Apr 2, 1:00 pm, Ivan Marsh <> wrote:

    >> > <snip>

    >> > And to think it only took 24 hours to realize that.....

    >> It took about three seconds.

    > You don't think he signed up for Google TiSP do you...

    I don't know... a global network of wireless commodes sounds like a pretty
    good idea to me. After all 90% of what's on the inertubes is crap.
    Ivan Marsh, Apr 2, 2007