Microsoft discontinues JScript support for Internet Explorer

VK

04.01.07 Redmond, WA

Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
solutions.

More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
transition can be found at:

P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

Richard Maher

Hi VK,

VK said:
04.01.07 Redmond, WA

Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
solutions.

More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
transition can be found at:

P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

As someone who's just spent a fair bit of my spare time (including numerous
week-ends such as this :-() learning Javascript, I can only hope that the
date has played a large part in this announcement?

I suppose that at least this clears up all the (Am I running in IE exception
code :)

Cheers Richard Maher

PS. Anyone accessing Java Applets with VB script? Any issues?

VK

As someone who's just spent a fair bit of my spare time (including numerous
week-ends such as this :-() learning Javascript, I can only hope that the
date has played a large part in this announcement?

Fher vg qvq. Yrg'f frr vs nal sbbyf nebhaq. Cffg...

:-(

Jeff North

| 04.01.07 Redmond, WA
|
| Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
| discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
| will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
| Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
| Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
| equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
| solutions.
|
| More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
| transition can be found at:
| http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa155073.aspx
|

| P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

Play The Who's - Wont Get Fooled Again :)

OmegaJunior

04.01.07 Redmond, WA

Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
solutions.

More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
transition can be found at:

P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

I do hope this is an April Fool's joke.

Richard Cornford

VK said:
Yes, it is :)

To avoid a la "War of Worlds" panic of 1938 it is time
for the disclosure I guess :)

Redundant, as you did not start off with the credibility of 1930's radio
broadcasts.

Richard.

Hardono Arifanto

Is there any good reason why they discontinue it?

Regards,
Hardono Arifanto

Evertjan.

Hardono Arifanto wrote on 02 apr 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
Is there any good reason why they discontinue it?

[please always quote on usenet]

Who will discontinue what, Hardono?

I thought april fools day jokes where practically perpetuous.

Ivan Marsh

04.01.07 Redmond, WA

Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
solutions.

More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
transition can be found at:

P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! :-((

Posted April 1st.

Ivan Marsh

You don't think he signed up for Google TiSP do you...

I don't know... a global network of wireless commodes sounds like a pretty
good idea to me. After all 90% of what's on the inertubes is crap.