    built to help better the windows forms developers?
    I am afraid they are too heavy for a web application.

    Am I wrong?

    belius, May 31, 2005

  2. belius

    Guest

    We have used the exception handling application block and found it to
    be very good, it gives you the plumbing to be able to publish and
    record exceptions.

    It does require that you have an exception strategy, as of most things,
    it still requires you to think about the problem

    , May 31, 2005

  3. belius

    Mark Rae Guest

    "belius" <> wrote in message

    > My doubt is:
    >
    > Are they the perfect solution for this kind of scenario or are they
    > built to help better the windows forms developers?
    > I am afraid they are too heavy for a web application.
    >
    > Am I wrong?

    You're not wrong at all, in my opinion.

    I've always found the Application Blocks to be an excellent guide towards
    good techniques and best working practices but, in being so, find them FAR
    too generic and overblown for my needs. I have referred to them in writing
    my own suite of base classes (DAL, validation, exception handling, registry
    maniplation, event logging, ADSI, encryption etc), but would strongly urge
    developers not to assume that they will solve all their problems. Much
    better, I think, to consider the problem through and arrive at a reasoned
    solution, albeit using the Application Blocks as reference, rather than just
    taking someone else's code and hoping for the best.

    Did you ever use any of the sample code which older versions of IIS
    installed when writing "classic" ASP apps...?

    Mark Rae, May 31, 2005