Microsoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by lorlarz, Mar 16, 2010.

  1. lorlarz

    lorlarz Guest

    lorlarz, Mar 16, 2010

  2. On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 at 11:10:42, in comp.lang.javascript, lorlarz wrote:
    >MicroSoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/yfv5l7r

    Does that mean JQuery is going to become full of security holes ?

    John
    --
    John Harris

    John G Harris, Mar 16, 2010

  3. lorlarz

    David Mark Guest

    lorlarz wrote:
    > MicroSoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery

    How clueless of them. I wonder if they know thoroughly incompatible it
    is with IE (and shows no signs of getting any better). And don't think
    MS can help on that either (inexplicably, they've never been very astute
    at scripting IE). :)

    David Mark, Mar 16, 2010
  4. lorlarz

    Checkraise Guest

    lorlarz wrote:

    > MicroSoft expanding it use of jQuery & involvement with jQuery
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/yfv5l7r

    Browser scripting for MSIE is a PITA...
    jQuery is a PITA...

    perfect match.

    --
    Resig is more like Javascript's Pee Wee Herman. ;) (D.Mark in clj)

    Checkraise, Mar 25, 2010
  5. lorlarz

    David Mark Guest

    David Mark, Mar 25, 2010
  6. lorlarz

    Checkraise Guest

    David Mark wrote:

    >> Browser scripting for MSIE is a PITA...
    >> jQuery is a PITA...
    >>
    >> perfect match.

    > Well said. It's a match made in hell for sure. :)

    nah, I don't think it was made here in clj >:->

    --
    Resig is more like Javascript's Pee Wee Herman. ;) (D.Mark in clj)
    --
    "My advice is simple: Boycott IE. It's a cancer on the Web that must be
    stopped. IE isn't secure and isn't standards-compliant, which makes it

    Checkraise, Mar 25, 2010
  7. lorlarz

    David Mark Guest

    Checkraise wrote:
    > David Mark wrote:
    >
    >>> Browser scripting for MSIE is a PITA...
    >>> jQuery is a PITA...
    >>>
    >>> perfect match.

    >> Well said. It's a match made in hell for sure. :)

    > nah, I don't think it was made here in clj >:->

    CLJ is not hell (just the official newsgroup). :)

    And if jQuery and MS don't start playing nice together, I'm casting them
    out. ;)

    David Mark, Mar 25, 2010