Microsoft Ireland looking for C++/C# Software Developers and ManagersASAP

Discussion in 'C++' started by Jen Craven, Sep 4, 2008.

  1. Jen Craven

    Jen Craven Guest

    Hi All!

    We are looking for only the best developers and technical managers
    worldwide to come join us here.

    Microsoft’s Global Product Development team is looking for strong
    Development, test, and Program Manager (PM) candidates to build 3 new
    startup teams in Dublin, Ireland, dealing with online Experimentation,
    distributed computing, and Windows Mobile applications. There are no
    problems obtaining work visas here in Ireland and we will apply for
    you.

    The team is a locally managed 30-person development team, and in
    addition to the jobs below, they are also looking for a Lead Software
    Development Engineer in Test (LSDET) and a Test Manager (TM), covering
    all of the teams. Additional PM, SDE, and SDET positions will be
    opening up during the next few months.

    You can read about the team and these roles in detail on our website,
    http://www.joinmicrosofteurope.com.

    All CVs should be sent in application to and
    please mention that you first read about these roles here in the
    comp.lang.c++ Group.

    Thanks for your time all, and we hope to hear from you soon!

    - Jen

    Team #1: Experimentation Platform
    Open positions: Lead SDE, SDE, SDET

    At the cutting edge of BI, online experimentation lets companies
    actively evaluate significantly different designs, algorithms and
    approaches by analyzing data from millions of users in real time. The
    Experimentation Platform Team is developing the next generation of
    highly scalable online services, analysis pipeline and experimentation
    techniques to support this data driven decision approach. Come be
    part of the platform team right at the center of Ray Ozzie’s Software
    + Services strategy. Read more about the team, the product and our
    publications at http://www.exp-platform.com .

    Team #2: Edge Computing Network
    Open positions: Lead SDE, SDE, SDET, PM

    Develop on the edge, literally! We are building core management
    components for Microsoft’s next-generation Edge Computing Network
    (ECN) for Windows Live, MSN, and other Microsoft sites. Our ECN
    platform features data center-level reliability and security, and we
    are leading the change in how software and services are viewed and
    consumed by developers, consumers, and businesses around the world

    Team #3: Mobile Applications (Windows Mobile 7)
    Open positions: Lead SDE, SDE, SDET, PM

    Our new mobile applications team is working at the intersection of
    Microsoft’s “Mobile” and “Live” strategies, building key features for
    mobile hotmail web browser, communications platform,
    commercialization, and other areas, as part of Windows Mobile 7.
    Jen Craven, Sep 4, 2008

  2. Jen Craven

    red floyd Guest

    Re: Microsoft Ireland looking for C++/C# Software Developers andManagers ASAP

    Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > Jen Craven wrote:
    >> Hi All!
    >>
    >> We are looking for only the best [..]

    > You are looking in the wrong place. Job postings are off-topic here.
    > Please go to 'misc.jobs.offered' newsgroup.

    I emailed her and told her that. She essentially replied "Well, how am I
    supposed to
    get the job offer in front of you guys?"
    red floyd, Sep 5, 2008

  3. Re: Microsoft Ireland looking for C++/C# Software Developers andManagers ASAP

    red floyd a écrit :
    > Victor Bazarov wrote:
    >> Jen Craven wrote:
    >>> We are looking for only the best [..]

    >> You are looking in the wrong place. Job postings are off-topic here.
    >> Please go to 'misc.jobs.offered' newsgroup.

    > I emailed her and told her that. She essentially replied "Well, how am I
    > supposed to get the job offer in front of you guys?"

    Easy answer: get the job done honestly.

    Netiquette is here to protect USENET usability. If every recruiter
    posted their ads here, the noise would render it unusable and people
    wouldn't come. Posting job offers here relies on others recruiters
    respecting the rule while you don't.

    --
    Michael
    Michael DOUBEZ, Sep 5, 2008
  4. Re: Off Topic: Re: Microsoft Ireland looking for C++/C# SoftwareDevelopers and Managers ASAP

    Yannick Tremblay a écrit :
    > In article <vA0wk.20986$>,
    > red floyd <> wrote:
    >> Victor Bazarov wrote:

    >>> You are looking in the wrong place. Job postings are off-topic here.
    >>> Please go to 'misc.jobs.offered' newsgroup.
    >>>

    >> I emailed her and told her that. She essentially replied "Well, how am I
    >> supposed to
    >> get the job offer in front of you guys?"

    > I am quite surprised by this ad. I would have assumed that this is
    > the work of some kind of low moral recruiter, hiding behind a gmail
    > address. (What Microsoft using GMail ?!?).
    > [snip]
    > What's happening? Despite whatever we say against Microsoft, I
    > thought they knew better than of spamming Usenet.

    Looking at the OP's profile on LinkedIn, he has been recruiter for a
    year and a half or so.

    Perhaps still learning the job.

    --
    Michael
    Michael DOUBEZ, Sep 8, 2008
  5. Re: Off Topic: Re: Microsoft Ireland looking for C++/C# SoftwareDevelopers and Managers ASAP

    Michael DOUBEZ, Sep 8, 2008