Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 321439

Joe

Hello,

Joe here, wanted to get the 411 on this article. I posted
in the FrontPage forum but there is never an answer. So I
have come here, where all my IIS problems have been solved
(Thank YOU!!) I want to create a small utility web site
with a logon page and a form connected to an Access
database. The article below explains exactly how but when
I try this I can only see the code no actual logon page -
nothing but code. My system is asp allowed and asp.net
extensions allowed. FP 2002 extensions allowed. All other
extensions are prohibited. I am using w2k3 IIS 6.0 and
running 3 html
sites succesfully all with working forms. Is there
something on the server/website itself I need to enable?
Why do I only see code and not a logon page as described
in the article?

Thanks
Joe
www.ImmoralBalance.com

Sylvain Lafontaine

What exactly are you saying by "when I try this I can only see the code no
actual logon page -
nothing but code" ?

If this mean that you are seeing the ASP code the you have writtent, then
you have forgotten to write the tags <% ... %> or that you have not named
your file with the .ASP extension.

For ASP.NET, the extension is .ASPX instead of just .ASP. I'm not sure
which extension you must use in your case as I have not worked with IIS6 or
ASP.NET yet. If you have never coded in ASP before, then probably you
should make some simple tests, like <% Response.write "Hi!" %> and <%= "Hi!"
%> (Notice the addition of the equality sign = just after the <%, with no
blank space between, in the second exemple.

S. L.