Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 321439

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Joe, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hello,

    Joe here, wanted to get the 411 on this article. I posted
    in the FrontPage forum but there is never an answer. So I
    have come here, where all my IIS problems have been solved
    (Thank YOU!!) I want to create a small utility web site
    with a logon page and a form connected to an Access
    database. The article below explains exactly how but when
    I try this I can only see the code no actual logon page -
    nothing but code. My system is asp allowed and asp.net
    extensions allowed. FP 2002 extensions allowed. All other
    extensions are prohibited. I am using w2k3 IIS 6.0 and
    running 3 html
    sites succesfully all with working forms. Is there
    something on the server/website itself I need to enable?
    Why do I only see code and not a logon page as described
    in the article?

    Thanks
    Joe
    www.ImmoralBalance.com

    Joe, Feb 20, 2004

  2. What exactly are you saying by "when I try this I can only see the code no
    actual logon page -
    nothing but code" ?

    If this mean that you are seeing the ASP code the you have writtent, then
    you have forgotten to write the tags <% ... %> or that you have not named
    your file with the .ASP extension.

    For ASP.NET, the extension is .ASPX instead of just .ASP. I'm not sure
    which extension you must use in your case as I have not worked with IIS6 or
    ASP.NET yet. If you have never coded in ASP before, then probably you
    should make some simple tests, like <% Response.write "Hi!" %> and <%= "Hi!"
    %> (Notice the addition of the equality sign = just after the <%, with no
    blank space between, in the second exemple.

    S. L.

    Sylvain Lafontaine, Feb 21, 2004