Microsoft .NET client consuming AXIS web service with basic authentication

kelvlam

Hello,

I'm a brand new web service developer, so forgive me if my question
have been asked before. I tried to search online and the only thread I
can found in Google Group doesn't have any answer/resolution.

This is the only one I'm able to find so far:
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...read/thread/8ae08c100682b774/7efb09202802d00a

I'm trying to integrate with a 3rd party vendor. They provided a web
service for us to consume, and the web service is over SSL with basic
authentication (i.e. just a username & password). I've tried all the
possible solutions I found online, but I'm still getting a bad
credential problem. I wonder if anyone can shed some light for me, or
as of what's the best way for me to debug this problem?

here are the references that I've incorporated into my tester already:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...c/html/SecNetch10.asp?frame=true&hidetoc=true
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...l/scalenetchapt10.asp?frame=true&hidetoc=true
http://www.code-magazine.com/article.aspx?quickid=0307071&page=1

Any suggestion or pointer would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Kelvin