Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 - Kills - Sql Web Data Administra

Guest

Since installing Framework 1.1 SP1, the login of the SQL Web Data
Administrator hangs.

I rely on this free, and unsupported, tool and am looking for what has
changed in the SP to effect securities in this manner, and any corrective
measures.

FYI - Running on Win2k3.

Guest

I don't know what about the sp1 .Net Framework 1.1 causes the behavior but if
you change the web admin directory in IIS from c:\program files\microsoft sql
server tools\microsoft sql web data administrator\web to c:\program
files\microsoft sql server tools\microsoft sql web dagta
administartor\samples\sqlwebadmin it no longer hangs.

Guest

I didn't install the samples.

My temporary fix was to remove the ASP.NET validation controls in the login
page.

Not sure why it fixed it, but it did.