Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 - WindowsUpdate

Guest

We-e-ell, let's go back.

I play backgammon on the Microsoft Games Network. The last time I went there, there was an automatic download of a new interface which seemed to proceed normally. However, when actually trying to play, I got the following dialogue on my NT4.0SP6 Workstation,( IE6SP1):

"The procedure entry point MonitorFromRect could not be located in USER32.dll"

followed by

"Failed to register C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone\ZChat.dll"

followed by

"The procedure entry point MonitorFromRect could not be located in USER32.dll"

followed by

"Failed to register C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone\ZChat.dll"

followed by

"Zsetup was started, but rejected the component data. Please verify that Zone installation is valid."

Just recycles the above when I try to access again.

I suspected that the above was caused by the last remaining Automatic Update on the WindowsUpdate site, which was, you guessed it, Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 .

However, in attempting this install, I receive the following:

The following updates were not installed. To try again, click the Back button below.
Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1
Could not be installed because of an unknown error.
Back

If curiosity killed the cat and satisfaction brought her back, I'd sorta like to, if possible (not life-threatening). play backgammon again on the Microsoft GameZone.

Finally, the question, does the above scenario ring any bells? Not necessarily the one I put on the cat.

Ron

P.S. How do I readily get back here to check for replies?

P.P.S. How can I check my P.S.?