[Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Cannot update the cursor.

Mariano Fernandao

Hello,

I contstaly run into the same error when trying to update a .dbf table
with asp.

[Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Cannot update the cursor.

We have vfp application that runs locally on our client's machine. We
than have a function that uploads a .dbf file to our servr through dos.

put "C:\application\24-import.dbf" "24-import.dbf"
quit

However, the problem is that once the table is on the server, it becomes
read only. Consequently, I need to have our server administor manually
change the file to read/write, and then i can access the file.

Also, if i change the file structure of an existing dbf file, and ftp
that file to the server, i run into the same problem.

We are running IIS 5.0 on Server 2000

My question is this: Is there a way to upload a .dbf file so it