Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' Error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by paul tomlinson, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Hi folks - i've got a windows 2000 server (SP3) i've run the IIS
    lockdown tool on it and set for dynamic websites - all the static
    pages within the site work ok but an ASP section has been put in which
    now keeps giving me the error below :

    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
    registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x404 Thread
    0x6ac DBC 0xbd7014 Jet'.

    /logon.asp, line 21

    I've looked at security writes and at one stage gave the anonymous
    user full rights to everything but still no joy - Anyone got any
    ideas? probably something simple i've missed within the IIS config
    (I've been assured the ASP code was working on another server)

    Thanks in advance

    Paul

    paul_tomlin(nospam)@hotmail.com
    paul tomlinson, Jul 1, 2003

  2. paul tomlinson

    Bob Barrows Guest

    paul tomlinson wrote:
    > Hi folks - i've got a windows 2000 server (SP3) i've run the IIS
    > lockdown tool on it and set for dynamic websites - all the static
    > pages within the site work ok but an ASP section has been put in which
    > now keeps giving me the error below :
    >
    > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
    >
    > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
    > registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x404 Thread
    > 0x6ac DBC 0xbd7014 Jet'.
    >
    > /logon.asp, line 21
    >
    > I've looked at security writes and at one stage gave the anonymous
    > user full rights to everything but still no joy - Anyone got any
    > ideas? probably something simple i've missed within the IIS config
    > (I've been assured the ASP code was working on another server)
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Paul
    >
    > paul_tomlin(nospam)@hotmail.com

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2154

    Bob Barrows
    Bob Barrows, Jul 1, 2003

  3. paul tomlinson

    Peter James Guest

    Paul

    Are you using Access 97 by any chance?

    I had this problem with my website using an Access 97 database on a Win2k
    server - same error. I changed the database to Access 2000 - no more
    problem.

    Oh, and as Bob says, don't use ODBC.

    Peter James, Jul 1, 2003