Microsoft or Infragistics Problem??

Bob Schroeder

I have an aspx page that include both a dropdownlist and
an infragistics ultrawebgrid (version 2).

The problem is that the grid's UpdateGrid and
UpdateCellBatch events are being fired after the
dropdownlist's selectindexchanged event (The dropdown
list is set to autopostback.)

From Microsoft's documentation...

Visual Basic and Visual C# Concepts--Web Forms Page
Processing

"Events are not raised in a particular order, except that
cached control events - as specified by the control's
AutoPostBack property - are always processed before the
posting event."

So it is my understanding that since the dropdownlist was
causing the postback (via an autopostback) that it's
event should be handled last and the order of any other
events were up in the air but are to be handled before
the event that caused the postback. So the grid's should
occur before the selectedindexchanged event.

Now more interesting is how the placement of the
dropdownlist in relation to the ultrawebgrid effects the
event firing order. If the dropdownlist occurs first (or
above the grid) in the html code(aspx page) then its
events are hit first--if it occurs after then the grid's
events occur first.

So is this a bug with Microsoft's Framework or with
Infragistic's UltraWebGrid?

Email me if you would like me to reply with sample code
that demonstrates this.

Any Ideas? Thanks...Bob