    enabled. How do I keep IE from messing with me with the Information Bar?

    Next, the script doesn't break. Are these two related or should I relegate
    mse to the scrap heap?
    Bruce Johnson, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Bruce Johnson

    Randy Webb Guest

    Bruce Johnson said the following on 11/7/2006 1:22 PM:
    > Two issues. Using IE 6 (all patches) over XP Pro (all patches) along with
    > mse7.exe (Microsoft script editor) from Office 2003.
    >
    > I can get HTML pages etc into the editor with no problems. I want to do
    > javascript interactive debugging just like I do with VBA in Word etc. I set
    > a breakpoint in the js function then run.
    >
    > I get the IE window with the Information Bar claiming it's blocking active
    > content. Everything's run on my local machine; I've got the Local Intranet
    > security set to low and pretty much everything in the security setup set to
    > enabled. How do I keep IE from messing with me with the Information Bar?

    Change the security setting in IE to allow Active Content to run from CD
    and the Local Hard Drive.

    > Next, the script doesn't break. Are these two related or should I relegate
    > mse to the scrap heap?

    Scrap It.

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
    Randy Webb, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Bruce Johnson

    steveH Guest

    Bruce Johnson wrote:
    > Two issues. Using IE 6 (all patches) over XP Pro (all patches) along with
    > mse7.exe (Microsoft script editor) from Office 2003.
    >
    > I can get HTML pages etc into the editor with no problems. I want to do
    > javascript interactive debugging just like I do with VBA in Word etc. I set
    > a breakpoint in the js function then run.
    >
    > I get the IE window with the Information Bar claiming it's blocking active
    > content. Everything's run on my local machine; I've got the Local Intranet
    > security set to low and pretty much everything in the security setup set to
    > enabled. How do I keep IE from messing with me with the Information Bar?
    >
    > Next, the script doesn't break. Are these two related or should I relegate
    > mse to the scrap heap?

    When you say 'set a breakpoint' do you mean enter the 'debugger'
    keyword in your code or toggle something in the gutter of the editor.
    The former should work, I've never had any joy with the latter
    (although I speak from memory, I've long since switched to visual
    studio for most of my js debugging).
    In addition, sometimes I find that the debugger simply stops working
    (refuses to attach to the IE process any more, after working happily
    for some time). Ctrl-N to switch to a new window seems to sort it out.
    steveH, Nov 8, 2006