Microsoft to Provide PyCon Opening Keynote

Discussion in 'Python' started by Steve Holden, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. Steve Holden

    Steve Holden Guest

    Dear Python Colleague:

    The PyCon Program Committee is happy to announce that
    the opening keynote speech, at 9:30 am on Wednesday
    March 23 will be:

    Python on the .NET Platform, by
    Jim Hugunin, Microsoft Corporation

    Jim Hugunin is well-known in the Python world for his
    pioneering work on JPython (now Jython), and more
    recently for the IronPython .NET implementation of
    Python.

    Jim joined Microsoft's Common Language Runtime team
    in August last year to continue his work on Iron Python
    and further improve the CLR's support for dynamic
    languages like Python.

    I look forward to hearing what Jim has to say, and
    hope that you will join me and the rest of the Python
    community at PyCon DC 2005, at George Washington
    University from March 23-25, with a four-day sprint
    starting on Saturday March 19.

    Early bird registration rates are still available for
    a few more days. Go to

    http://www.python.org/moin/PyConDC2005/Schedule

    for the current schedule, and register at

    http://www.python.org/pycon/2005/

    regards
    Steve Holden
    Chairman, PyCON DC 2005
    --
    PyCon DC 2005: The third Python Community Conference
    http://www.pycon.org/ http://www.python.org/pycon/

    Steve Holden, Jan 23, 2005