Microsoft Treeview vs System Treeview

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by stepkurt, Aug 29, 2007.

  1. stepkurt

    stepkurt Guest

    I have recently converted a .NET 2003 web app to .NET 2005.

    You would think that it would be easy to get some documentation that would
    show you how to convert the trees...as many of the properties and methods
    from the old Microsoft web control no longer exist with the new System
    treeview control.

    For example:

    This was an old way to get at a Node...

    TreeView1.GetNodeFromIndex(TreeNode.GetNodeIndex)

    Not sure if it's the right way, but this is a replacement:

    TreeView1.FindNode(TreeNode.ValuePath)

    I know it looks simple and obvious but it really isn't when things change
    and you can't find conversion documentation.

    Anyway, all the programming stuff is done and it looks like everytthing is
    working now...but now comes the part that all of us programmers hate. I'm
    having all kinds of problems with the tree styles...namely the node spacing.

    No matter what I set the node spacing to (0px or nothing) the nodes are too
    far apart. The tree line images line up but there are gaps between the line
    images and the text. There are also gaps between the vertical line images too.

    If someone else had this problem and found a solution it would be greatly
    appreaciated. I've treied everything to fix it...vertical padding, horizontal
    padding, node indent and none of it fixes the gaps. I'm also using a CSS
    style sheet for the nodestyle, hoverstyle, and selectedstyle but nothing in
    the CSS class is foramtting space...it's just colours and underlines.
    stepkurt, Aug 29, 2007

  2. stepkurt

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    IE WebControls were never a supported product. It was just a library set up
    by external people. I suggest you try asking the question at ASP.NET Forums.
    There's IE webcontrols forum: http://forums.asp.net/91.aspx

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP