Microsoft Treeview vs System Treeview

stepkurt

I have recently converted a .NET 2003 web app to .NET 2005.

You would think that it would be easy to get some documentation that would
show you how to convert the trees...as many of the properties and methods
from the old Microsoft web control no longer exist with the new System
treeview control.

For example:

This was an old way to get at a Node...

TreeView1.GetNodeFromIndex(TreeNode.GetNodeIndex)

Not sure if it's the right way, but this is a replacement:

TreeView1.FindNode(TreeNode.ValuePath)

I know it looks simple and obvious but it really isn't when things change
and you can't find conversion documentation.

Anyway, all the programming stuff is done and it looks like everytthing is
working now...but now comes the part that all of us programmers hate. I'm
having all kinds of problems with the tree styles...namely the node spacing.

No matter what I set the node spacing to (0px or nothing) the nodes are too
far apart. The tree line images line up but there are gaps between the line
images and the text. There are also gaps between the vertical line images too.

If someone else had this problem and found a solution it would be greatly
appreaciated. I've treied everything to fix it...vertical padding, horizontal
padding, node indent and none of it fixes the gaps. I'm also using a CSS
style sheet for the nodestyle, hoverstyle, and selectedstyle but nothing in
the CSS class is foramtting space...it's just colours and underlines.