Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03f6'

Adam Short

Can anyone help?

I have all of a sudden started to receive this error on my site!

I have no idea what script it is executing, why it is now failing, what is
going on??

All I have been able to find out is that Microsoft has had the same problem
on their site!

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03f6'

Expected 'End'

?, line 0

Regards

Adam

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Search the wwwroot file system for files that have changed in the past n
days, where n is a number not much greater than the number of days ago that
you noticed this. Something probably changed somewhere.

Or, show us the code of the page causing the error.

Ray at work

Adam Short

If I knew which script page was causing it!!!

Ok this piece of code is common across all scripts it is included server
side, but I don't think it would cause the error.

<% @ Language=VBScript %>
<% Option Explicit %>

<%

Response.Expires = -1

Response.AddHeader "P3P", "CP=""CAO PSA OUR"""

%>

Ray Costanzo said:
Search the wwwroot file system for files that have changed in the past n
days, where n is a number not much greater than the number of days ago
that
you noticed this. Something probably changed somewhere.

Or, show us the code of the page causing the error.

Ray at work

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Adam said:
If I knew which script page was causing it!!!
I still can't comprehend why you don't know which page is causing this
error. The error message was copied from the browser window wasn't it? What
was the url in the address bar when te error occurred?

Bob Barrows

Adam Short

It points to a file which links a load of include files, it could be any one
of a dozen include files.

I can't get my head around line 0, as far as I know all line numbering start
at 1!

I've decided to shut the server down tonight and run a complete scan disk
and defrag

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Now we're getting somewhere. Before proceeding any further, I want to verify
that this is a server-side error, not client-side. In my experience, "line
0" errors are usually client-side errors. Can you confirm one way or the
other? Server-side errors are written to the browser window and always
indicate the name of the page that produced the error. Client-side errors
either produce a dialog box, or an error message in the status bar on which
you can double-click to see details. Which is it?

In any event, your proper course of action is Debugging 101. Either :
a. Eliminate the includes one-at-a-time until the error disappears
b. Create a new page and add the includes in one-at-a-time until the error
appears

That should allow ou to identify the problematic script.

Bob Barrows

Adam Short

Thanks for all your help Bob, it seems I had a few too many Session
variables!!! Thing was, they were no longer required anyway! I must have
just pushed the limit one too far.... I have now taken all the session
variables out that are no longer used, and the problem seems to have reolved
itself.

Still worth bearing in mind! I have also developed an ASP 500 page that
captures detailed information about the errors, what browsers was used,
times etc...

Hopefully this will help in the future.

Regards

Adam