Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by john d, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. john d

    john d Guest

    I have an IIS 5.0 server with a Virtual Directory called test. This virtual
    directory points to a share on the network, \\server1\share\ and uses a valid
    domain account in the "Connect As" field.

    From an IE browser, you can access the virtual directory without a problem.
    However, when referencing the virtual diretory in an asp page, the following
    error is received:

    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c'

    Path not found

    /Folder1/webpage.asp, line 10

    Line 10 is where the virtual directory is referenced.

    I have tried changing the network share permission to Full access for
    EVERYONE, but that did not work. I also changed the "Connect As" credentials
    to an administrator account, but again without an luck. I have tested this
    on two other web servers, 1 works and 1 doesn't, but I can't find any
    differences in their IIS Settings.

    Does anyone have any ideas??
    john d, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Show code up to line 10.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Feb 3, 2006

  3. john d

    john d Guest

    It is as follows:

    dim fso,f
    Set f = fso.GetFolder( "\\server1\share\")

    john d, Feb 3, 2006
  4. Although you have that share setup as a virtual directory with logon
    credentials, when you attempt to access it that way, the logon credentials
    for the virtual directory are in no way connected or relevant. Instead,
    what you're doing is executing code that is running under your
    IUSR_computername account (presumedly), and trying to access a network
    share. You will have to use some other means of accessing that share, such
    as by synchronizing IUSR_ accounts, manually, using a domain account for the
    site/app/page that runs this code, or using basic authentication and using
    your users' security tokens for accessing the share.

    Take a look at the "If the file is within your LAN" section of
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2168

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Feb 3, 2006
  5. john d

    john d Guest

    How can I make the login credentials in the "Connect As" of that virtual
    directory relevant in the code? If I attempt to access the virtual directory
    directly, http:\\iisserver\test, I have no problem accessing the conntents of
    \\server1\share\.

    Syncing IUSR accounts is not an option in this specific case.

    john d, Feb 6, 2006