Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01b6' Object doesn't suppor

Bob Barrows

GTN170777 said:

What is the point of the apostrophe you are concatenating at the end there?
Values in url querystrings should not and cannot be delimited. For that
matter, what is the point in the parentheses around the value being
concatenated? This should be all that is needed:

url = "http......?ID=" & VACANCY.Fields.Item("JBAID").Value

Use response.write to verify this variable contains what you need to to
contain.

Bob Barrows

GTN170777 said:
End With
Set cdoM = Nothing
Set cdoS = Nothing
Set cdoF = Nothing
jbeusers.MoveNext
Loop
Set jbeusers = nothing
end if
%>
I don't see a .Send anywhere.

GTN170777

Something I said, or am I being really stupid?

Bob Barrows said:
I'm done - hopefully someone else can step in here.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

GTN170777

I thought that was the - ".Item(cdoURL & "sendusing") = 1 " part of thte code
below, one other quick question, does .Item(cdoURL & "sendusing") = 1 (1
part) mean send using IIS mail server or (2) mean using external smtp server?

Do I just need to put a .send on the bottom?

set cdoM = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
set cdoC = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
Set cdoF = cdoC.Fields
With cdoF
..Item(cdoURL & "sendusing") = 1
..Update
End With
Set cdoM = Nothing
Set cdoS = Nothing
Set cdoF = Nothing
jbeusers.MoveNext
Loop
Set jbeusers = nothing
end if
%>

Thanks - I am really sorry for being a pain, but I am trying to learn -

Bob Barrows

GTN170777 said:
I thought that was the - ".Item(cdoURL & "sendusing") = 1 " part of
thte code below, one other quick question, does .Item(cdoURL &
"sendusing") = 1 (1 part) mean send using IIS mail server or (2) mean
using external smtp server?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526994(EXCHG.10).aspx
and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms527265(EXCHG.10).aspx

It's not really relevant to your problem
Do I just need to put a .send on the bottom?

Again, the article has it spelled out. You simply left out the section where
the email is sent.

With cdoM
Set .Configuration = cdoC
.From = FromAddress
.To = ToAddress
.Subject = Subject
.HTMLBody = htmlbody

' alternate for non-HTML-aware:

.TextBody = textbody
.Send
End With

GTN170777

Am I on the right tracks now? I assume the .send needs to be before the loop?

set cdoM = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
set cdoC = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
Set cdoF = cdoC.Fields
With cdoF
..Item(cdoURL & "sendusing") = 1
..Update
cdoM.Send
End With
Set cdoM = Nothing
Set cdoS = Nothing
Set cdoF = Nothing
jbeusers.MoveNext
Loop
Set jbeusers = nothing
end if
%>

I see I was correct about sendusing, thank you

Thanks

GTN170777

Bob,

I'm really sorry for just not getting this, I've been reading loads of sites
and trying different things, and I just can't get it, I'm really not trying
to be a pain, but I am really stuck with this, I've even tried changing the
code to reflect the tutorial here -

http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-with-cdo.html

So changing the code so that it looks like this -

<%
do while not jbeusers.eof
strVacancy=(VACANCY("JBATitle"))
URLShort=(Recordset1("JBSURLShort"))
ReplyMail=(Recordset1("JBSNoReplyEmail"))
HTMLBOD=("../jobseeker/afterregistration/vacancynotification.asp?ID=" &
(VACANCY.Fields.Item("JBAID").Value) & "")
Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
With cdoMessage
Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
Dim .From
..From = ReplyMail
Dim .To
..To = ""& jbeusers("JBENusername")&"; "
..Subject = "Job Advert " & strVacancy & " advertised on " & URLShort"
..url =
"http://www.site.com/jobseeker/afterregistration/vacancynotification.asp?ID="
& (VACANCY.Fields.Item("JBAID").Value) & "")
..Send
End With
Set cdoMessage = Nothing
Set cdoConfig = Nothing
jbeusers.MoveNext
Loop
Set jbeusers = nothing
end if
%>

Sadly no matter what I do, I just can't get this to work, I would really
appreciate it if you could highlight what I'm doing wrong, please -

thank you

Bob Barrows

I only see two problems that stick out (see below).

I do not think I can be of any more assistance without simply diving in
and writing this for you. Unfortunately, I have my own time constraints
that prevent this. You might be better off hiring someone to look at
this first-hand if nobody else in this group wants to step forward to
help.
Bob,

I'm really sorry for just not getting this, I've been reading loads
of sites and trying different things, and I just can't get it, I'm
really not trying to be a pain, but I am really stuck with this, I've
even tried changing the code to reflect the tutorial here -

http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-with-cdo.html

So changing the code so that it looks like this -

<%
do while not jbeusers.eof
strVacancy=(VACANCY("JBATitle"))
URLShort=(Recordset1("JBSURLShort"))
ReplyMail=(Recordset1("JBSNoReplyEmail"))
HTMLBOD=("../jobseeker/afterregistration/vacancynotification.asp?ID="
& (VACANCY.Fields.Item("JBAID").Value) & "")
Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
With cdoMessage
Set .Configuration = cdoConfig

Huh??? where did you see the need for dim statements here? Don't these
raise errors?

Dim .From <<<===
.From = ReplyMail
Dim .To <<<===
.To = ""& jbeusers("JBENusername")&"; "
.Subject = "Job Advert " & strVacancy & " advertised on " & URLShort"
.url =
"http://www.site.com/jobseeker/afterregistration/vacancynotification.asp
?ID="
& (VACANCY.Fields.Item("JBAID").Value) & "")

..url? Doesn't this raise an error?