Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by PaulieS, Nov 28, 2005.

  1. PaulieS

    PaulieS Guest

    Hi all.

    Am migrating a customer from IIS5 on W2K server to IIS6 on W2K3.
    Zipped all the websites and unzipped them to the identical locations
    on new server. Used IISMT to migrate metabase.

    Got this error when I tried to run a very basic page... code:

    <%@ LANGUAGE=vbscript %>
    <%
    response.write ("Hello<br>")
    %>

    Error:

    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c9'

    This key is already associated with an element of this collection

    /LM/W3SVC/3/Root/include/inc.db.global.asp, line 13

    The global.asa file in the root which is as follows uses the
    inc.db.global.asp includes (top 13 lines follow):

    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPDataTables
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPQueryMap
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPSettings
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPScreens
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=APPText
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>

    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Session ID=SESUser
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>
    <OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Session ID=SESUserPrefs
    PROGID="Scripting.Dictionary"></OBJECT>

    <!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/inc.db.connection.asp" -->
    <!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/inc.db.common.asp" -->
    <!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/inc.db.global.asp" -->

    The file inc.db.global.asp first 15 lines follow:

    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server>

    '******************************************************************
    '* Function: InitQueryMap()
    '* Purpose: initializes sql query strings to be used by ADO objects in
    app
    '* Inputs: none, but requires APPQueryMap in global.asa
    '* Author: V.M.
    '******************************************************************
    Function InitQueryMap()
    REM -- Create Query Map Dictionary

    REM -- System Queries
    APPQueryMap.Add "sp_app_screens", "sp_app_screens"
    APPQueryMap.Add "sp_app_settings", "sp_app_settings"
    APPQueryMap.Add "sp_app_text", "sp_app_text"

    Nothing has changed from their existing production environment, yet I
    can't get any .asp pages to display. Pages with a .htm extension
    render fine.

    If I delete the global.asa file then basic asp pages work. I have tried
    commenting, line by line, items in the inc.db.global.asp file. The
    error just identifies the next line down in the includes file.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    PaulieS

    PaulieS, Nov 28, 2005

  2. PaulieS

    Mark Schupp Guest

    owie #1: scripting.dictionary was not designed to be kept at application
    scope (iis5 should have choked on it).

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;194803
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;240415

    And one fix (has to load from text file):
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvbpj00/html/dictionary.asp

    The expected error from above is different than you are getting. Try setting
    up a simple site and virtual directory manually on the new system (to rule
    out metabase conversion problems). Then build a simplified version of your
    global.asa (first just include one object tag, then add a statement to add
    one entry to the dictionary).

    --
    --Mark Schupp

    Mark Schupp, Nov 29, 2005