    program. All I wanna do is have a form with a button and a bitmap "1.bmp" in
    a picture box. When you clcik the button it changes the bitmap from "1.bmp"
    to " 2.bmp". How difficult can it be? Can anyone help?

    Divvy Ballacks, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Divvy Ballacks

    Moonlit Guest

    Hi,

    Go into the resource editor
    Add resource (make sure to add a Bitmap resource)
    Import
    ( Select a bmp file)
    Rename the IDB_BITMAP1 to something more sensible

    Go to the dialog resource (double click on it)
    Add picture control
    Click picture control (make sure the properties window is visible
    (view->properties))
    In the properites of the picture control select bitmap as type
    In the Image properties select the IDB_ whatever you named your bitmap
    resource in the first step.

    --

    Regards, Ron AF Greve

    http://moonlit.xs4all.nl

    Moonlit, Apr 9, 2006

  3. Divvy Ballacks

    benben Guest

    Divvy Ballacks wrote:
    > I just downloaded this "can't give it away" pile of sick on my 56Kbps modem
    > (460Mb) and I can't believe how difficult it is to write a really simple
    > program. All I wanna do is have a form with a button and a bitmap "1.bmp" in
    > a picture box. When you clcik the button it changes the bitmap from "1.bmp"
    > to " 2.bmp". How difficult can it be? Can anyone help?

    Its not very difficult and what help on C++ do you expect from us?

    Ben

    benben, Apr 9, 2006
  4. Divvy Ballacks

    GB Guest

    Divvy Ballacks wrote:
    > I just downloaded this "can't give it away" pile of sick on my 56Kbps modem
    > (460Mb) and I can't believe how difficult it is to write a really simple
    > program. All I wanna do is have a form with a button and a bitmap "1.bmp" in
    > a picture box. When you clcik the button it changes the bitmap from "1.bmp"
    > to " 2.bmp". How difficult can it be? Can anyone help?

    This group is very specifically for the C++ language and standard
    library, not generally tools, APIs or other libraries. You might try
    asking on

    microsoft.public.vstudio.general
    microsoft.public.vstudio.development
    microsoft.public.vc_ide.general

    and possibly others.

    Gregg

    GB, Apr 9, 2006
  5. Divvy Ballacks

    login Guest

    Moonlit wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Go into the resource editor

    Express edition does not have it.

    login, Apr 10, 2006
  6. "Resource editing is not supported on the Visual C++ Express SKU". That told
    me!!

    Divvy Ballacks, Apr 10, 2006
  7. Well, if it's not very difficult then just tell me. It can't be more than
    three lines of code. I have no books, no money, no resources. What is the
    solution? Or it so simple that it's actually beneath you? Let me help:

    Is it (a), (b) or (c) or (d)

    (a)
    Bitmap ^myBitmap = gcnew Bitmap(71, 96, PixelFormat::Format24bppRgb)
    Image->FromFile("44.bmp");

    Graphics ^ g = Graphics::FromImage(myBitmap);

    (b)

    Image ^mypiccie = gcnew

    Image("12.jpg");

    Graphics ^ g = Graphics::FromImage(mypiccie);

    (c)

    System::Graphics::Watuzi
    ^ ->(0XXFFF:__IF__BETHE_MIDDLE_WORDIN___XXAAFFCC___LIFE);

    ^^::->Draw().... <-) [BITM]___#define
    SHISHI_KDCREQ_DEFAULT_REQ_BODY_SNAME_NAME_TYPE_LEN 0__
    Nghrrew||GrrrrrrrrgUggggggggh

    Yeah_Bitmaps::

    (d)

    None of the above.

    You see, the thing is, all I have is the documentation provided with
    VC++EE2005 and it's not very helpful and none of their sample projects from
    www.microsoft.com will compile (keep getting user32.dll missing, cannot find
    windows.h or whatever) because I only have the core SDK installed.

    Divvy Ballacks, Apr 10, 2006
  8. * Divvy Ballacks:
    > [off-topic]

    Divvy, I've been in your exact situation with a lot of toolsets, and I
    really do understand how you feel about this, and would provide you with
    detailed instructions and explanations if this newsgroup was relevant.

    But this newsgroup is /not/ the right place.

    Repeat, /not/.

    Here we deal with the C++ language, and only tool usage and libraries to
    the extent that that is relevant to C++ in general.

    This newsgroup was nearly destroyed by Microsoft newbies, which directly
    led to [comp.lang.c++.moderated] being established: we don't want /all/
    serious C++ discussion to move over to clc++m, because that's very slow.

    So please take your discussion to a Microsoft-specific newsgroup.

    This group's FAQ, Marshall Cline's C++ FAQ Lite, lists a number of them.

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

    Alf P. Steinbach, Apr 10, 2006
  9. Divvy Ballacks

    JustBoo Guest

    On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 04:09:48 +0100, "Divvy Ballacks"
    <> wrote:

    >Well, if it's not very difficult then just tell me. It can't be more than
    >three lines of code. I have no books, no money, no resources. What is the
    >solution? Or it so simple that it's actually beneath you?

    Go to the newsgroup below and people will help you. It should be in
    your group list.

    microsoft.public.vc.language

    Good Luck.

    JustBoo, Apr 10, 2006
  10. Divvy Ballacks

    John Carson Guest

    "Divvy Ballacks" <> wrote in message
    > Well, if it's not very difficult then just tell me. It can't be more
    > than three lines of code. I have no books, no money, no resources.
    > What is the solution? Or it so simple that it's actually beneath you?
    > Let me help:
    > Is it (a), (b) or (c) or (d)
    >
    > (a)
    > Bitmap ^myBitmap = gcnew Bitmap(71, 96, PixelFormat::Format24bppRgb)
    > Image->FromFile("44.bmp");
    >
    > Graphics ^ g = Graphics::FromImage(myBitmap);
    >

    > (b)
    >
    > Image ^mypiccie = gcnew
    >
    > Image("12.jpg");
    >
    > Graphics ^ g = Graphics::FromImage(mypiccie);
    >
    > (c)
    >
    > System::Graphics::Watuzi
    > ^ ->(0XXFFF:__IF__BETHE_MIDDLE_WORDIN___XXAAFFCC___LIFE);
    >
    > ^^::->Draw().... <-) [BITM]___#define
    > SHISHI_KDCREQ_DEFAULT_REQ_BODY_SNAME_NAME_TYPE_LEN 0__
    > Nghrrew||GrrrrrrrrgUggggggggh
    >
    > Yeah_Bitmaps::
    >

    > (d)
    >
    > None of the above.
    >

    > You see, the thing is, all I have is the documentation provided with
    > VC++EE2005 and it's not very helpful and none of their sample
    > projects from www.microsoft.com will compile (keep getting user32.dll
    > missing, cannot find windows.h or whatever) because I only have the
    > core SDK installed.

    I am not sure if you are aware of this but Microsoft has created a new
    language called C++/CLI for use with .Net (.Net is something like the Java
    Virtual Machine). You are apparently attempting to program in that new
    language. That new language is not the C++ language that is the topic of
    this newsgroup.

    You have two alternatives:

    1. Continue on your current path, but ask about it in

    microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc

    2. Download the Platform SDK, which will enable you to do GUI programming
    using C++ (this will get rid of your "cannot find windows.h" etc. errors).
    In that case, some of your questions will be topical for this newsgroup, but
    any GUI-related stuff belongs on, e.g.,

    microsoft.public.vc.language
    or
    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.gdi
    or
    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui

    --
    John Carson

    John Carson, Apr 10, 2006
  11. Sk'dokey. Message recieved unt understood.

    Divvy Ballacks, Apr 10, 2006