Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and .Net Framework 1.1

Ted Ngo

Hi All,

My company want to buy the new Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 for their
employees to develop our web application.
After we develop the web application using the new Microsoft Visual
Studio 2005 we will deloy it to the server, and right now on our
server we only have .NET FrameWork 1.1.
I just wonder do we have to upgrade our server to .NET Framework 2.0 or
we can it leave at FramWork 1.1. Does Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and
..Net Framework are backward comparable.

Does .NET Framework 2.0 is free and able to download from the Microsoft
website or we have to purchase it.

Thanks for help.

Ted

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I just wonder do we have to upgrade our server to .NET Framework 2.0 or
we can it leave at FramWork 1.1.

To take advantage of the 2.0 improvements,
you'll need to install the .Net Framework 2.0 on the server.

You don't have to install VS 2005 on the server, though.

re:
Does Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and
.Net Framework are backward comparable.

Yes, but not forward-compatible.

You can run 1.1 apps on 2.0, but you can't run 2.0 apps on 1.1.

re:
Does .NET Framework 2.0 is free and able to download from the Microsoft website

Yes. You can download the .NET Framework 2.0 redistributable at :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

re:
or we have to purchase it.

No. It's free.

HK

The hardest part is coding, so you might as well code against 2.0 instead of
having to re-code to 2.0 later.