Microsoft VM and Java wars

sergio

I have IE 6 but cannot run java applets created with java 1.3.1 or later. Am
I experiencing difficulties because I'm using Swing instead of AWT? What is
the latest version of Java supported by the Microsoft VM in IE versions 6
and 5?

Thanks

Andrew Thompson

I have IE 6 but cannot run java applets created with java 1.3.1 or later.

You can run 1.1 applets OK?
..Am
I experiencing difficulties because I'm using Swing instead of AWT?

Swing was introduced in 1.2 (to the core classes)
..What is
the latest version of Java supported by the Microsoft VM in IE versions 6
and 5?

1.1.4 *

Check what Java version is installed
in IE (maybe 1.1 only)
<http://www.physci.org/codes/jre.jsp>
that is, if Java is installed at all..
<http://www.physci.org/codes/java/plugin.jsp>

* ..but you can replace it with Sun's 1.4/1.5 JRE

HTH

sergio

Yes, and I hope this 'love' will last but it aint of much help for me wright
now.

Thank You

sergio

It helped. How to force a dial-up user to spend an hour or so downloading a
15MB installation file so he could enjoy Swing experience?

Thanks