    microsoft.web.ui.webcontrols.dll file, it was nowhere on my system to be
    found. Any ideas?

    Larry

    Larry, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Larry

    Juno Guest

    Hi,

    Most of MS's assemblies are installed in GAC. So you can use these
    assemblies anywhere in your machine.

    --
    Juno
    MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I installed the microsoft web controls successfully and followed the read

    me

    Juno, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    What is GAC?

    Larry, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Larry

    Juno Guest

    Hi,

    GAC is Global Assembly Cache.
    A machine-wide code cache that stores assemblies specifically installed to
    be shared by many applications on the computer. Applications deployed in the
    global assembly cache must have a strong name.

    Juno, Aug 6, 2004
  5. Larry

    Larry Guest

    I guess my question is, if Web Controls requires this file, why doesn't it
    install it?

    Larry

    Larry, Aug 7, 2004
  6. the assembly is not installed in the gac. the build process should have put
    the dll in the directory the build.bat ran by default. if it isn't there,
    you need check that the process has permissions to write to the directory,
    or you have used the correct parameters.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Aug 7, 2004
  7. Larry

    Larry Guest

    I went back and ran the build.bat file from a command prompt. It gives the
    following error when run:

    'csc.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
    program or batch file.

    the csc.exe file is located in the
    c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322 directory. Do I need to add
    some typ eof mapping or copy the csc.exe file elsewhere?

    Larry

    Larry, Aug 7, 2004
  8. the easiest way is to navigate to the directory and run the csc with a fully
    qualified path to the target
    csc c:\blah\ blah\ web controls it will put the assembly in the directory
    csc is run from and you can copy it across or you can always add the path of
    the csc to your environment variable
    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney