Microsoft.Web.Ui.WebControls.TabStrip not rendering

DalePres

I have an application that uses the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabStrip
and Multipage controls. When I test the app on my pc or on my client's
development web servers the controls render properly. When I deploy the app
to the test environment - supposedly an exact duplicate of the development
environment - the TabStrip and Multipage controls do not render - the text
of the tabs are displayed in a line, but no tabs.

This is the same behavior I get if the .htc files are missing but I am
certain they are there. In fact, if I manually enter the address for the
..htc files in my browser and download the files to my desktop - thereby
leaving a copy in my Temporary Internet Files and proving the files exist
and that I have permission to get to them - then the controls will render
properly.

Other .htc files associated with the same pages and with the application all
work properly. When I look at the rendered source code, the address given
in the reference to the htc files is correct.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dale Preston
MCAD, MCSE, MCDBA

Guest

Hi DalesPres,
Are u sure the Microsoft.Web.Ui.WebControls.dll is in the bin folder?
That could make it not to render.. and make sure u install the webcontrol
and build it..
Hope it helps!!
Patrick

DalePres

I don't control the server so it can't be installed into the GAC but it
works fine on the development server by adding the address for the control
in the web.config so it should do the same in the test server.

As I said, if I manually download the htc files, just to get them into my
internet cache, then it works fine. That proves that the dll is compiled
properly. So, technically, it is rendering correctly, what is happening is
that the htc files associated with the control are not being served up by
the server. Weird.

Any other suggestions? I would appreciate any ideas at all.

Dale

DalePres

Well, I figured it out, in case anyone else is looking for the answer. This
client has an ASP.Net app that they use to deploy other apps from
development to test and from test to production. It turns out that their
deployment app was copying folders and content but not replicating the
permissions.

Thanks to those who looked into this trying to help!

Dale