Microsoft WebControls

Remco Bosman

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with the WebControls MS supplies us with. I get them to
compile and all that's not a problem. But why did they supplie the source
code ??? to be able to modify the code ?? if so why haven't they supplied us
with a project file ???

So I tried getting the source in Visual Studio, got to the point were it
will build, but unfortunately I'm experiencing problems with the resource
files. I haven't used resource files myself so I have experience zero with
it, although I understand the principle. Two propblems occur:
1. when adding the controls to the toolbox it doesn't show the correct
icons, it shows the defaults.
2. when adding a control to the webpage it gives me an error indicating
errors in the resource file

What I find strange is that:
1. the .bmp files for the icons have the class names so that should work
(but it doesn't)
2. they supplied .resx and .resource files, I guess that were my problem
starts.

Should I include the .resx or the .resource files. Both won't work. And to
what type should i set the files "embedded resource" would be obvious. I
tried a lot of things but I think the resource files are not compiling (into
the .dll I quess).

So anybody any experience with this or with the WebControls ??

Thanx already

Remco

Marco Roello

Remco,
I only tell you that in my opinion microsoft webcontrols like Treeview,
Tabstrip... are designed for very simple purposes. I've tried to use them,
but I noticed that they don't ineriths from System.Web.UI.Webcontrols like
textbox, button, hyperlinkbutton, datagrid... , and I think that they will
change in the future. I've used in Visual Studio .NEt IDE, but I've found
many problems at design time.