Microsoft word and ASP.NET

Jay Douglas

I'm researching a solution that will allow the opening and SAVING of Word
documents over the web. I've found numerous articles that detail how to
create/modify document server side, but I'm needing the web server to
actually save the file somehow. This can be an ActiveX or other proprietary
control that facilitates the editing. Components such as FreeTextBox or any
other browser richtext editors will not work, I really need to use word. I
know what OfficeLive and SharePoint are doing exactly what I'm trying to do.
I think SharePoint is using some sort of webdav save. Not too sure what
OfficeLive is doing,

Any ideas and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jay