Microsoft XP SP3 fixpack released.

BTDTGTTS

Roedy said:
http://www.cnet.com.au/desktops/pcs/0,239029439,339288523,00.htm?ocid=nl_d_29042008_lat_l7

MS has just released an omnibus update for Windows XP called SP3.
I don't think it gets automatically applied. You must download and
install it. Probably a good idea to apply this to make sure all
patches are up to date on any XP machines in your control.

Given Microsofts history with service packs, I think I'll pass on this
advice until other people have tried it in the wild.

Regards

Roedy Green

And this is a Java matter because ...?

Because most of the people here run their Java under Windows. You
want all patches on your OS to make Java run smoothly.

Christian Williamson

Roedy said:
http://www.cnet.com.au/desktops/pcs/0,239029439,339288523,00.htm?ocid=nl_d_29042008_lat_l7

MS has just released an omnibus update for Windows XP called SP3.
I don't think it gets automatically applied. You must download and
install it. Probably a good idea to apply this to make sure all
patches are up to date on any XP machines in your control.

Didn't happen, but that's Microsoft.

"MS pulls plugs on XP SP3 mass launch"
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/30/xp_sp3_delayed/

Wojtek

Roedy Green wrote :
All it was supposed to be was a combined set up updates that have
already been released. You would think code problems would have
surfaced long ago.

I think they are trying to sneak in other stuff other than just a roll
up of patches.
It would make reinstalling faster since you would not need to apply
all those updates individually.

See http://www.autopatcher.com

Arne Vajhøj

Roedy said:
Because most of the people here run their Java under Windows. You
want all patches on your OS to make Java run smoothly.

Do you know about any specific change in SP3 that will help Java
programs ?

Arne