    Somebody here knows if it is possible?

    Thanks!

    Alessandro Magni

    Alx, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Alx

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth (Alx):
    > I'm trying to use the fine MIDI::simple module, but I'd like its
    > output not to be saved to a file, but streamed out.
    > (it is a "singing" cellular automata, and I'd like to listen to its
    > hisses and noises in the background).
    > Somebody here knows if it is possible?

    Call write_score with an open filehandle instead of a filename.

    Ben

    --
    don't get my sympathy hanging out the 15th floor. you've changed the locks 3
    times, he still comes reeling though the door, and soon he'll get to you, teach

    Ben Morrow, Jun 12, 2004

  3. Alx

    Alythh Guest

    Ben Morrow <> wrote in message news:<cafhps$7hk$>...
    > Quoth (Alx):
    > > I'm trying to use the fine MIDI::simple module, but I'd like its
    > > output not to be saved to a file, but streamed out.
    > > (it is a "singing" cellular automata, and I'd like to listen to its
    > > hisses and noises in the background).
    > > Somebody here knows if it is possible?

    > Call write_score with an open filehandle instead of a filename.
    >
    > Ben

    Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesnt work: I tried streaming using
    "write_score *STDOUT{IO}", but it doesnt work: by looking at the
    output it seems to me that each write_score call rewrites from the
    start the score, headers and so on... timidity plays the 1st note and
    shuts down.

    Alessandro

    Alythh, Jun 15, 2004