MIDI streaming

Alx

I'm trying to use the fine MIDI::simple module, but I'd like its
output not to be saved to a file, but streamed out.
(it is a "singing" cellular automata, and I'd like to listen to its
hisses and noises in the background).
Somebody here knows if it is possible?

Thanks!

Alessandro Magni

Ben Morrow

Quoth (e-mail address removed) (Alx):
I'm trying to use the fine MIDI::simple module, but I'd like its
output not to be saved to a file, but streamed out.
(it is a "singing" cellular automata, and I'd like to listen to its
hisses and noises in the background).
Somebody here knows if it is possible?

Call write_score with an open filehandle instead of a filename.

Ben

Alythh

Ben Morrow said:
Quoth (e-mail address removed) (Alx):

Call write_score with an open filehandle instead of a filename.

Ben

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesnt work: I tried streaming using
"write_score *STDOUT{IO}", but it doesnt work: by looking at the
output it seems to me that each write_score call rewrites from the
start the score, headers and so on... timidity plays the 1st note and
shuts down.

Alessandro