MIDLet Different Languages

Shahid

Hello,

I was wondering on how to implement and show different scripts other
than english? Is this possible?

Thank you in advance for the help

Shahid

Darryl L. Pierce

Shahid said:
Hello,

I was wondering on how to implement and show different scripts other
than english? Is this possible?

You would need to come up with a resource bundle type of scheme. For my last
wireless job we had the user select a language from a list in the app, and
then went to a server and downloaded language data to display in the app.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/

Darryl L. Pierce

Roedy said:
I'm don't know how this is done in Midlets, but in regular java see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/localisation.html

The JavaSE solution doesn't work on handsets.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/
"McVeigh's lawyer got him the death penalty, which, quite frankly,
I could have done." - Jon Stewart

Shahid

Anybody have any luck doing it in any language that is not similar to
English? I can't seem to get it working. I got French working but other
languages like Japanese, Chinese, Hebrew and Arabic have not worked.

Darryl L. Pierce

Shahid said:
Anybody have any luck doing it in any language that is not similar to
English? I can't seem to get it working. I got French working but other
languages like Japanese, Chinese, Hebrew and Arabic have not worked.

The phone has to support the desired language. No all handsets have
fonts on them to support every language, and you can't load new fonts on
Java handsets.